Change in circumstances
Section Navigation Bar

A Change In Your Circumstances

Please note, you are required to fill in all fields marked with a red asterisk.


You must tell us of any change in your circumstances that may affect your Benefit.

It is your responsibility to keep the Council informed of any changes in your personal circumstances, and the circumstances of the members of your household. If you get too much benefit because you do not tell us about any such change you will have to pay it back. 

Under Section 14 of the Social Security Administration (Fraud) Act 1997 it is also an offence for a person, dishonestly or without reasonable excuse, to fail to notify a change of circumstances which might affect entitlement to Housing Benefit or the amount of Benefit payable.

The law says you must let the Council know about any relevant changes in your circumstances within 21 days of the change.  If you do not, you may have a £70.00 penalty charge added to your Council Tax.

eForms by AchieveForms